Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Language on the Mind!

I am still was working with "my little angel'. He has recently turned six and continues to make remarkable progress. He is reading, writing well, and really communicating! We have gone from one word answers or nothing at all to I can't get him to be quiet! Along with all the chatter is quite the sense of humor, also.

This past Monday, August 3rd 2009, we were playing chutes and ladders and he was talking really funny. His eight year old sister was playing with us and she kept making comments about the way he was talking. Finally she said, "Why do you have an accent?"
He answered, "I'm speaking French today!"

Today (on Wednesday), we were working on handwriting and as he was writing I was finishing up a note to his father. It was in cursive and Hussein noticed his name. He asked me why I wrote his name like that and told me it was wrong. I explained it was written in cursive and his reply was; "Miss Pattie, please write my name in English!"

0 comments: